Skip to main content

Schooling, Movies, and Ragging

 Three years of Kindergarten and 12 years of Schooling, each day I hated School, but I wonder that after school there is College which is shown as the best time of a person’s life in all Movies so as a common school student I want to get out of school and join a college as soon as possible. After fifteen years I completed my Schooling and there came the time of my life which I was dreaming for fifteen years but….Wait for it, yeah there came Covid-19 all schools and colleges were closed. Even though I got into college I still don’t feel like a college student, everyone around me told me when I was young that college will not be like how they show in the movies, yeah that’s fine but now it's not even like how they told it would be, I wake up every morning open the video conferencing app sit there for eight hours then close the app, For first three months it was so boring and hard for me but later I began to like it, I loved to sit in front of the computer and do whatever I want, I eat sometimes I rarely take baths you can understand what I’m saying but suddenly a piece of news popped out saying that colleges will be reopened soon. Even though I wanted to go outside and start this “New journey” I habituated to the new style of learning so I went into denial mode, where I was not ready to accept that eventually, colleges were going to reopen, and everything will become normal as it was before. After a week of thinking about this matter, I finally accepted and wanted to start this “new journey”.

Now Imagine as if you are the student in the upcoming situation:

last year when I joined college I thought, I will be going  inside the college, there will be a gang those people would call me and start ragging me, yeah these situations are from movies but I had to imagine the extreme situation because I don’t know how college works, Now when I spoke to my seniors they said  there no such thing called “ragging” in our college, that was a relief but now after completing 70% of my first year in college through online classes when I go to the campus it will take at least 3 months to get familiarized with college campus and rules, now comes the hard part, when I am in the second year of my college the juniors who complete their schooling this year would come to the campus as freshers, me a senior can help them with their doubts with the campus and college but as I have said even I  am new to this college so it will be like when a junior comes to a second-year student and ask where is the lab the senior will be like yeah even I am searching for that come lets search together which is awkward for the junior and very much awkward for the senior.

So, at last this online college to on-campus college drama just made me understand that if you practice or do something for a long time it will become a habit, I have heard this saying so many times from others, but this was the first time I experienced it for myself. Anyways, as always thanks for reading see you in the next one. peace.


Cheeka

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Re-restart

One good thing is I know about myself, I just forgot about blogging completely as I said in my first blog.I had glance at my earlier blogs which made me cringe myself going through that poor sentence formation and bad grammar, I am sure I'll fell the same about this one in the future but that is for another day. I know i won't be able to write regularly so I thought i can write about my rides(cycle)  whenever I have a chance and mood to write. Today I re-restarted my cycling, little backstory I started cycling during covid and made it a regular habit 2 months ago I just stopped for no reason and convinced myself that i did not have ant time. So a week ago I restarted my cycling ad decided to ride as usual but I just did not, even though I had lot of time. So today as I re-restarted my cycling rides and went to a place called pondy bazaar , people say its always crowded and noisy but when i went it was free and calm, I went there in the evening so it was a peak time but i really

A Book, Nature, and Club

  First of all, I can't believe that I am writing my second blog because I always start something and just drop right there but now I am doing something so let me start this blog by appreciating myself. Now coming to the topic in hand ‘The Blog’ I have come up with some new ideas for the blog, well not an idea but an inspiration from tv series where each one of their episodes specifies something about the matter, they are going to show us in the same way I am going to discuss three matters in each blog where one will be my personal experiences and others will be related to the relationship between technology and me. After mentioning Elon Musk on my first blog I thought that I should learn more about him so I watched some videos about him and tesla which inspired me as well as motivated me to start reading his biography so I just searched Elon Musk Biography On the Internet I got lots of recommendation but one book was suggested every sight I go which Is " Elon Musk: Tesla, Sp